Sunday, October 17, 2010

How are YOU wired?

Today I had the great pleasure of sitting with Adyashanti, a wonderful teacher of Advaita, or non-dual philosophy. His answers were so loving, practical and heartfelt, with light self-deprecating humor. I will share more with you, as I took copious notes, but one thing he said which really interested me, was about how we fall back on our greatest strengths in times of challenges, yet there are times when relying on those strengths is not the optimal choice, when the Universe (or perhaps our own souls) ask us to stretch, and maybe even go to the other extreme. He spoke of bringing his competitive approach from sports into spirituality, when what was needed was not bulldogging things, but letting go.

He went on further to suggest that working with the way we are wired--how many of even really know that--will help us in spiritual life and in everything. He's so non-prescriptive, but he opens and invites us so beautifully to consider new thoughts and ways.

It made me contemplate myself--how well do I know myself? It's not like I haven't been studying myself for a lifetime, but recently I've had so many new discoveries, I've had to revise my idea that I knew myself well. I do feel I am able to be more objective about whatever I do see, which may also be why it's easier to see clearly. Hmm. Ya think?

okay, enough late night rambling.

Catch y'all later.

Love,
Ellen

PS I'm so excited about my on-the-drawing-board plans for my new website, Hearts Abode. Please hold the vision of me having the site up by Thanksgiving, with ease and grace, working with great people, being supported in every way, so I can bring my work my fully to the world.
And thanks for being my reader. If you don't know me personally, would you please comment or send me an email? I'd love to know who you are, how you found my Blog and what made you subscribe..what keeps you reading the blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment