Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Come together, right now!

Yes, that's the title of a Beatle song..but these are the lyrics my inner radio station KLNS (formerly WLNS radio)is playing right now--remember this one? from the Youngbloods:

"Love is but a song we sing,
Fear is the way we die,
You can make the mountains ring,
Or make the angels cry,
Come on people now,
Smile on your brother,
Everybody get together,
try to love one another right now"

So many people are in fear, feeling separate, feeling alone, feeling backed to the wall by finances, or by the pressure of all their inner issues coming up. I do hear you--and I can relate too.

Someone wrote me this morning about being a really tight financial squeeze. She and her family have just enough money to eat until next payday. She doesn't even have enough money to call in for my free teleclasses. Another client wrote me about feeling tapped out and completely unsupported, having lost faith in people.

Like them, I've experienced a financial squeeze lately, and feeling like I'm alone on the planet--even though I know it's not really true and that I have many choices, options and solutions. When I go to that place, I only see from fear and contraction. But I cannot afford to stay there for long, I just simply can't. And neither can you.

We MUST manage our internal state and our inner dialogue. It is no longer an option if we are to continue here. It is only from that space that I can help myself or help others. And I believe this is part of the purpose of all this change and turbulence--for us to take charge, fully and completely, of mastering our own minds and inner state. Otherwise we will be rocked too far.

I repeat--the key is keeping our state stable, being able to witness with compassion what we or others are going through, and allow our feelings in a safe container. Allowing our feelings, yet also keeping a perspective that this is all temporary, and that from wherever we are, a shift is possible.

It's all in your state of mind and being. Can you find compassion and kindness in your heart?

And what helps? There are the practices that we do or can learn--meditation, prayer, journaling, reading inspirational books or listening to uplifitng talks or music. Walking in nature, dancing, doing yoga, doing EFT, Sedona method, reiki--whatever you know to do to keep letting go and coming back to center. For someone it might be cooking, or working with clay. Nothing is better or worse--just look at what works for you and do it!

These are not a luxury any more--they are vital to our sanity and being able to function and be of service to our families and the world.

The key right now is coming together for like minded support. We're in the Aquarian age which is all about group consciousness, not relying on authority, like government, corporations or any kind of "boss". So, we are the ones we've been waiting for (Hopi prophecy).

Find like minded others-whether it's another mom on the park bench, a repatterning teleclass with me, a yoga class, get your friends together. We cannot do it alone anymore, and we aren't meant to.

Whenever I get lost, what helps me most is connecting to others--hearing a friend's voice, going over to Santa Fe Soul, the health and healing center I work at, and chatting with other practitioners.

The other key is gratitude, and asking "what one little thing can I do for myself (or another) right now?" Sometimes the smallest actions have the most power to change our state.

Here's a beautiful example a client shared with me, illustrating the value of group support and of gratitude:

"I was beginning to feel hopeless, wondering what the point of everything was. A group of my colleagues [yoga teachers] began to gather around me in support for new motherhood and pitched in for me to get some self-care. Then from a discussion with about 6 yoga teachers online, they all started telling me these things that I had done for them, which were just things that I do.

Like one of them... her mom had breast cancer and no insurance. Our local studio had a benefit for her and her mom to help pay for the chemo and people were donating through paypal for some complimentary therapies.

I used to teach with her on Saturday mornings and I would press five/ten dollars into her hand every week. I had wanted to donate money to some cause anyway and wanted to see it go to someone I knew. Another one thanked me for helping her to find a cranio-sacral therapist for her son and he didn't have to have tubes put in his ears.

I was beginning to think that people were just self-absorbed and didn't really care or maybe couldn't care beyond what they had going on with their lives.... and they started reminding me that the little things I do make a big difference.

Every time I start to despair over the last couple weeks (and I have been really down for awhile- this birth tapped everything I had), something happens to give me back that glimmer of hope."

So, start a gratitude club. Call people you know and express gratitude for things they have done for you. Express gratitude to yourself for all that you do for you, for your children, family, clients, or others. Trade appreciations with someone else. Start a gratitude diary for all that you appreciate. If you're in a tough place, appreciating your breath, that you have a roof over your head, your next glass of water--start there.

Whatever we focus on expands. Focus on gratitude, the support and love of friends, family, colleagues and community, the support of the earth in providing food and water. Focus on keeping your mind clear and positive, or neutral and a detached, witnessing the ups and downs of life.

Whatever works--just do it! And come back here to read and replenish, come back to find recordings of free sessions, and guidance for these times we are ALL going through. You are not alone.

Rest in your Heart's Abode.

Om shanti, shalom, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment