Friday, December 3, 2010

Chop wood, carry water--forget the big picture!

Wow..can't believe I haven't posted anything here in almost a month. Wait--I take that back--I do believe it..it's been a long strange trip lately. For you too?

It has been such a roller coaster ride personally and professionally. Because I'm an empath and I work with the collective consciousness around prosperity and money, and because I'm human and living in the midst of these changes myself, I can't always tell how much of what I'm feeling
is even mine.

Sleep disturbances, mood swings out the wazoo...how much is my hormones, my resistance to making changes, and how much of this is triggered by planetary/global energy shifts? In addition, I live in Santa Fe, which, lovely as it is, is a crucible of transformation. Don't come here unless you are prepared to change, grow and let go as a way of life.

If you are wrestling with any of this yourself, or just wondering what the heck is really happening in the world...I'll tell you what I've come to lately: Stop trying to figure it out, and if the big picture is too confusing, frightening or de-energizing: let it go! Just focus on what's in front of you, do what is needed, what I call "Just in time" living.

The Japanese pioneered a system in manufacturing called "just in time" where the parts arrive just in time for when they are needed. In this new reality, we need to live that way..."Am I okay in this moment, can I trust the Universe that I will have what I need when I need it, can I focus on the all-rightness in the present moment."

The minute I go into the future or projecting about the past, I lose faith and trust and go into fear. Being a pragmatist, I say, of course we do need to make plans sometimes. But then, it's important to live moment to moment. Chop wood, carry water...too many unknowns, too many shifting uncertainties. Can you trust yourself, can you trust that others will be there to help, that it's going to be okay--even though we can't see how we will get there or how the Universe is going to deliver?

A friend and I spoke at EmbodyDance last night..about how our generation, and everyone really, are being asked to show up for each other, and to learn to trust each other, in ways we never have before.

Meantime, I do my best to find the joy in singing, dancing, nature and good companions. What simple things bring you peace, joy and heart connection?

Along those lines..a few words that may inspire you, courtesy of Rhea Goodman, host of a great radio show here in Santa Fe called "Living Juicy", check it out at KSFR Santa Fe, Monday nights, 101.1 FM or streaming via internet!

Life is short.
Break the rules,
forgive quickly,
kiss slowly,
love truly,
laugh uncontrollably,
and never regret anything
that made you smile.

Life may not be the party we hoped for,
but while we are here we should dance.


“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.”
--Rumi


you must remember one thing.
the world was made to be free in.
give up all worlds except the one to which you belong.
anything or anyone that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.

...david whyte

Many blessings,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment