Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"These are not normal times!"

That quote is from a great astrologer, Dawn Silver, who I just got off the phone with. My call to her was prompted because lately--almost every day it seems--I learn of yet another truly powerful planetary event. Man...two eclipses close together at the year end, Mercury retrograde.

And that's just the beginning..fasten your seatbelt. If you thought things were changing a lot in the past few years, just wait!

I'm not saying this to stir up fear and dread. I don't believe in astrology as a kind of fortune telling at all, or to make anyone feel like a victim of fate. For example, I offer sessions to help you align for Mercury retrograde--not to make you afraid of these events, which happen 3 to 4 times a year, but to empower you and help you deal with what gets stirred up, with calmness, perpective and even humor. Also to empower you to use the energy of the retrogrades constructively.

Knowledge is power--knowing what is influencing you helps you work with the energies and not against them. You know, swimming with the current instead of upstream. Letting go of fighting with what is, is so much easier. Knowing when to act, when to be guided and let go.

Reminds me of whitewater rafting years ago. Besides the beauty and silence of a late May morning on the Delaware River, I remember the shock of finding myself capsized, abruptly immersed in the icy water and hearing the words of the guide in my head:"If you do end up in the water, float feet first and wait to be rescued."

Yeah--uh huh. Well, I did, and the guides did come eventually, but it wasn't easy!

I'm grateful that life flows a lot more smoothly than whitewater rafting did that day. But for me astrology is a guide--to anticipate a challenge ahead and to prepare. It helps me discern the best timing to steer the boat, and the times it's better to let the current carry me, or even change boats (or rivers) altogether!

So my goal is to help you become aware of significant energies of the moment and how to make best use of them. This is the most empowering and uplifting use of astrology and why I'll be weaving it into the mix here.

Today I learned of another powerful planet, Saturn--which governs rules, structures and teaches us focus and discipline--doing a shift. Tomorrow, it will go retrograde, making us look more deeply at what is important to us, what our values are, and what plans, structures and long term focus we need to make that happen. It'll be there for a long time--going direct again in the summer, so this is a long transit.

What does that mean for you? Well, it's a really great time to be looking at what you want to manifest in your life. To meditate, to do inner work, to look back at the past and what has and hasn't worked in your life and especially in your relationships. It's a great time for visioning, dreaming and making plans that will support your manifestations. Here's an intereresting video about that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXalEo5K1Q


I offer a number of ways to support you in this process. One is the occasional and monthly group repatternings, like the upcoming New Year's Intention group. I offer a program every two months called the Joyful Manifesting Intensive, which offers a concentrated focus and deep clearing work.

For the most in-depth focus on gaining clarity, giving yourself permission to thrive and have what you want, and clearing obstacles out the way, I offer private sessions and packages. My website is being updated for 2010 changes this week, so feel free to contact me directly at ProsperityCoachLN@gmail.com.

What else is on tap for this year astrologically?
Lots of stuff--check it out online and you'll see what I mean. In 2010, and for the next three years, we have a tremendous opportunity to evaluate how we've been living and choose new directions for our personal lives as well as collectively. What kind of world do we really want?

No comments:

Post a Comment