Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome to Heart's Abode!

With love, gratitude and respect--I welcome you to Heart's Abode. Thank you for joining me here.

My purpose is to inspire and uplift you, to make the journey of healing, self-discovery and spiritual growth fun and rewarding. I have plenty to share with you from my own experience, from my work with clients, and my full-to-the-brim toolkit. I also want to share resources that have helped me. And last but not least, I see this as a space for like-minded community building.

This blog has been germinating for quite a while--trust the process, Ellen--and finally the seedling has pushed itself above ground!

Why "Heart's Abode?" For a few reasons...an abode to me is a place of safe dwelling. A Buddhist prayer says "May all beings dwell in the heart. May they be free from suffering." In the Hindu tradition, a person bows their head and kneels in order to place their heart above their head. Western culture has always valued the mind above the heart, but to play Dr. Phil for a minute, "How's that working for you? (or us as a society?)"

Heart's Abode is also a reference to the heart, that fascinating, mystical organ. We all know that the heart is an incredibly powerful muscle that keeps us alive and brings vital oxygen to our cells. But the heart is much much more than that.

Research now shows that the heart has its own intelligence and the energy field of a human heart can be felt up to 300 feet away!

The heart is also a chakra, or energy center in the body, and it is central to many spiritual paths and teachings. There is so much to say about the heart..and I will, later! But for now, this quote expresses the essence of Heart's Abode very beautifully. It's from one of my spiritual teachers, Bhagawan Nityananda:

"The heart is the hub of all sacred places. Go there and roam."

As you roam through the abode of this blog, you'll find:

Personal reflections and experiences, including insights from my work with clients who are often my best teachers.

DIY (Do it Yourself)Healing resources: Meditations, imagery, energy exercises, tools and contemplations for you to use in your life. These are intended to empower you as with any other kind of self-help, support and education. Remember that nothing on this site can or is intended to replace getting help from a skilled practitioner as you need it.

Other tools and Resources: Books, products and practitioners that I have personally benefitted from or that come from a trusted source. If I recommend something from which I benefit financially as an affiliate or distributor--which I'll do from time-to-time, I will let you know that.

Spiritual/metaphysical enrichment: Messages from guides, channeled information, yoga and Eastern spirituality. I find astrology to be a very accurate and useful source of insight as well, as interpreted by skilled astrologers (not the kind of "pop" or sun-sign astrology you might find in a daily newspaper). If any of this is new, I invite you to keep an open mind--and of course take what is useful and leave the rest!

Information about my programs and offerings, as well as those of others whose work I value. I assure you this won't be a pitch fest..I want to provide real value and enrichment to you.

So, let the journey of a thousand miles begin with this single step, my first blog post!

Many blessings,
Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ellen on launching your blog! I'm so happy for you and look forward to being with you as you explore and learn this medium for connecting. Thanks for your sharing from the heart with us!

    ReplyDelete